Brake Inspection Near Centreville
Why come to Casey’s Automotive to have your brakes checked?
With our fast paced – on the go – daily driving, eventually we will need to stop! Arguably one
of most important parts of any car is the braking system. Waiting until you need new brakes
is often too late. Waiting can be costly, as worn brakes wear on other parts and may cause
unsafe braking conditions. At Casey’s Automotive, when your car comes in for ANY service,
we check the brakes. We believe in the importance of keeping a healthy brake system,
therefore checking, repairing with high quality parts, and maintaining your brakes takes very
How do I know if my brakes need replacing?
The safety of you and your passengers relies on your brakes working properly.
Brakes eventually need to be replaced on all vehicles. Factors that can affect brake wear include the type of vehicle, the quality of brake lining material, driving conditions, and your driving habits.
Keeping up with maintenance on your brakes regularly and having them serviced and checked will help you avoid costly repairs. At Casey’s, we check your brakes at every oil change interval to help avoid these extra charges.
The following are symptoms you may experience that let you know your brakes need to be checked:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard
- Movement in the Steering: while braking from high speeds the steering wheel shakes from side to side.